Have you ever had a question about the Henry County Senior Center and didn’t know where to find the answer? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
This section is a compilation of answers to the questions most commonly asked by our constituents. Just start by following one of the links below. If you can’t find the question you wanted to ask, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- 1. What does your organization do?
- 2. How can I get involved?
- 3. If I were to donate funds, how is my money used?
- 5. Do you help with tax preparation?
- 6. Do you have Medicare Registration help?
- 7. What classes and activities are available to seniors at HCSC?
- 8. Is there an age restriction and how do I join?
- 9. What Government food programs do you have for the Seniors?
1. What does your organization do?
Our organization raises awareness and helps people affected by our cause through extensive programs and services. For a list of specific programs and services we provide, visit our What We Do section.
2. How can I get involved?
We’re always on the lookout for individuals like you wanting to get involved. Visit our How To Help section to find out ways to donate or volunteer.
3. If I were to donate funds, how is my money used?
We have a responsibility to our community and our donors and work hard to ensure long-term sustainability of the organization. We make our IRS Form 990 available for review, as required by law. Visit our Financials page to learn more.
5. Do you help with tax preparation?
Yes, there are volunteers that assist with simple tax preparation at the Main Senior Center in Napoleon. Tax preparation help is done by volunteers by appointment so please call 419-599-5515 to make an appointment. There is no charge but Donations are certainly accepted.
6. Do you have Medicare Registration help?
Yes! Please make an appointment with Paul Heddaeus or Sarah Erb when you will be turning 65 or during Open Season registration in the fall each year. This service has no charge, however, donations are certainly accepted.
7. What classes and activities are available to seniors at HCSC?
Please go to the News & Events menu to connect to the Newsletter, Daily Activity & Menu monthly calendars, Trips, and to join our mailing list.
8. Is there an age restriction and how do I join?
In order to become a part of the Senior Center you must be 60 years old. However, anyone can sign up to have the Newsletter emailed to them and all are welcome for lunch. Lunch suggested donation is $3 for those 60 and over and $6 for those under 60. This is a good way to keep in touch with your senior loved one.
9. What Government food programs do you have for the Seniors?
There are food bank boxes available from the Government for low income seniors. This is an income based program so if a person over 60 makes less than $1307 (after subtracting medical expenses) per month, they qualify. Qualifying individuals can contact the Senior Center at 419-599-5515 and leave a message for the volunteer in charge of this program.